Vivier Bistrot Potato Salad
Prep time: 10 min
Cooking time: 25 min
Cannot be frozen
2 ¼ lbs baby potatoes
2 large eggs
1⁄4 cup buttermilk
1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
1⁄2 lemon, juiced
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1⁄3 cup cornichons, in vinegar, drained and sliced
4 cured ham slices, torn
1 1⁄2 cups mixed cherry tomatoes, halved
1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1 cup baby beet leaves
freshly ground black pepper
1. Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with cold water; add 1⁄2 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil over high heat and then reduce to a steady simmer, cooking until soft to the tip of a knife, 15 – 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, place the eggs in a separate saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a rapid simmer, cooking for 7 minutes.
3. Drain the eggs and immediately refresh in a bowl of ice water.
4. When ready, drain the potatoes and rinse under cold water until cool to the touch, 1 – 2 minutes. Set aside to drain further.
5. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, mayonnaise, lemon juice, and mustard until smooth; season the dressing with salt and pepper.
6. Cut the potatoes in half. Add to the dressing along with the sliced cornichons; stir to combine.
7. Crack, peel, and rinse the eggs. Carefully cut in half.
8. Transfer the potato salad, egg halves, ham, and tomatoes to a platter or serving bowl. Top with chopped parsley and beet leaves.
Enjoy with Vivier Chardonnay or Vivier Rosé of Pinot Noir